Tom Yarborough Poems
- Hidden Box I found a dusty box today Feelings stirred that ...
- Death Dream Last night I dreamt I died and went into the ...
- Soldier's Safe Passage Bloated decomposition floats in mucky ...
- Liberal Christian Liberal Christian I know I am an outcast...
My biography is much too lengthy to post here but I will state the things that have influenced my writing:
1) Suicide of my father
2) (Natural) Death of my wife
3) My tour in the Vietnam War (1969)
4) Diagnosed with throat Cancer and given 3 months to live
5) Going to Hong Kong to record my album 'War Torn Years' which is dedicated to my fellow combat veterans (esp. Vietnam) which
6) Introduced me to the plight of the Philippine (Filipino) people which
7) Led me to go to Mindanao, Philippines which
8) Led me to start a feeding ministry 'Walk THY Talk Ministries which
9) Led me to meet my (now) wife ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tom Yarborough
Soldier's Safe Passage
Bloated decomposition floats in mucky spring
Fetor nauseates as enemy passes
Black pajamas adrenaline usually bring
Propels safe sail with binary gases
Ignored as a brother or only son
Identified only as Charlie
Schoolbook education replaced with a gun
Now carcass limbs floating and gnarly
Tagged for a count in brown murky wake
Mortal point for the resolute team
Another young child to exterminate
For moral's much greater scheme
Inebriation blurs opaque trance
Obscure hashish thoughts dimly pass
To blaring music the victors ...