Swami Vivekananda Poems
- A Blessing The Mother's heart, the hero's will, The softest...
- Quest For God O'ver hill and dale and mountain range, In ...
- To The Fourth Of July Behold, the dark clouds melt ...
- Angels Unawares (Written on 1 September,1898.) ...
- Kali The Mother The stars are blotted out, The clouds are ...
- My Play Is Done Ever rising, ever falling with the waves of ...
- To The Awakened India (Written to Prabuddha Bharata or ...
Swami Vivekananda (Hindi: स्वामी विवेकानन्द), born Narendranath Dutta is the chief disciple of the 19th century mystic Ramakrishna and the founder of Ramakrishna Mission. He is considered a key figure in the introduction of Vedanta and Yoga in Europe and America and is also credited with raising interfaith awareness, bringing Hinduism to the status of a world religion during the end of the 19th Century. Vivekananda is considered to be a major force in the revival of Hinduism in modern India. He is best known for his inspiring speech beginning with 'sisters and brothers of America', through which he introduced Hinduism at the Parliament of the World's Religions at Chicago in 1893.
... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Swami Vivekananda
The Mother's heart, the hero's will,
The softest flowers' sweetest feel;
The charm and force that ever sway
The altar-fire's flaming play;
The strength that leads, in love obeys;
Far-reaching dreams, and patient ways,
Eternal faith in Self, in all,
The light Divine in great, in small;
All these and more than I could see,
Today may 'Mother' grant to thee!