Ron Padgett Poems
- Chocolate Milk Oh God! It's great! to have someone fix ...
- Survivor Guilt It's very easy to get. Just keep living and ...
- Ladies And Gentlemen In Outer ... Here is my ...
- Grasshopper It's funny when the mind thinks about the ...
- The Love Cook Let me cook you some dinner. Sit down and ...
- Poem I'm in the house. It's nice out: warm
- Travel The little clock dings the night on the roof. It ...
Ron Padgett (born June 17, 1942 Tulsa, Oklahoma) is an American poet, essayist, fiction writer, translator, and a member of the New York School. Bean Spasms, Padget's first collection of poems, was published in 1967 and written with Ted Berrigan. He won a 2009 Shelley Memorial Award.
As a 17 year-old high school student, he co-founded the avant-garde lit journal The White Dove Review. Collaborating with fellow Central High students Dick Gallup and Joe Brainard, along with University of Tulsa (TU) student-poet Ted Berrigan, Padgett audaciously solicited work for the White Dove from Black Mountain and Beat Movement writers such as Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, LeRoi Jones, e.e. cummings, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Oh God! It's great!
to have someone fix you
and to appreciate their doing it!
Even as they stir it
in the kitchen
your mouth is going crazy
for the chocolate milk!
The wonderful chocolate milk!