Robert John Meehan
Robert John Meehan Poems
- A Hug At Arms Length An inveigled law impossible to ...
- A Resilient Child Positive outlook initiative and ...
- A Teacher's Pledge To the DIFFICULT ones I'll be ...
- A Child's Plea lest i be forgotten (please notice me today) ...
- Self Self direction is a virtue A quality of strength The ...
- A Simple Matter My pencil is on the floor Just what am I to ...
- Frost (The Teacher's Journey) Sometimes a moment Stands out ...
Robert John Meehan's insight into the heart and souls of both teacher and student earned him recognition as 'The Voice Of the American Teacher'. Selections from The Teacher's Journey/The Road Less Traveled have appeared in numerous magazines and educational journals. Robert John Meehan is now one of the nation's most read public school allies. Much has been said about the difficulties involved ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert John Meehan
A Hug At Arms Length
An inveigled law impossible to define
Or a ratiocination barring sensations sublime
Now be it a resolution
Benumbing meaningful hugs
While reassuring arms are brazenly shackled
As if we were thugs
No longer a caring a closeness
Dare be perceived
Nor a lasting acceptance possibly believed
A new forbiddance of sharing souls
Now mandated by the court
By a purblind law demanding
Denying hugs now be tort
Relegating a closeness a bonding forbiddingly conceived
Dare a bad touch to a child be mistakenly perceived
Hence a comforting shield from unannounced ...