If your hand should ever leave my side,
Should our fingers become wayward ships,
Such grievous sorrow my flesh would cry,
To feel the loss of your fingertips.
The shadow of warmth left by their touch,
The narcartic belief that they'd never return,
The body of famine that hungers so much,
Would languish and die if true such a spurn.
I recall their dance as they traipsed through the air,
Accenting your words in sudden caprice,
torrid and taut in lovers affair,
Then languid and soft at the point of release.
Their kiss without lips
So sate my desire.
Their words without pen,
A song they inspire.
So blended are they
Like water and sand,
A habor of solace
In a young maidens hand.
And should they remain smooth and fine
Free from ailments and cold,
Or aged and dappled
Wizened by time,
Their grasp, forever I'll hold.
For strength is not measured by beats of the heart,
Nor can the sun be judged in total eclipse,
Such murmur would sound should our hands ever part,
Such hunger in the want of your fingertips.
Jeff Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Touch by Jeff Siegel )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Seven Eleven, Nassy Fesharaki
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry