The heroes of the masses they live for their renown
And the masses create their heroes and then drag their heroes down
And the masses are unpredictable they change from day to day
And some of their heroes like the Autumn flowers are quick to fade away.
Yet there are millions of unsung heroes and they live on every street
And every day a hero I feel privileged to meet
True heroes male and female yet by the masses unsung
The World is full of heroes of heroes old and young.
Some heroes of the masses are arrogant and proud
And their egos over-swollen from the adulation of the crowd
But give me the unsung heroes who go their own quiet way
Who out of the kindness of their hearts perform one good deed every day.
Many heroes of the masses are not heroes to me
Though every day I walk the street some true hero I do see
Your hero is chauffeur driven and drinks the most expensive wine
And you can have your hero but your hero isn't mine.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Hero by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- NATURE OF CLOUDS, alexander opicho
- You are, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- It is day after day, gajanan mishra
- The Wanderer, Phil Soar
- Crimes Indicting Entire Human Race, Terence G. Craddock
- The Power Of Dreams, Edward Kofi Louis
- Written On The Wall, Muhammad Shanazar
- Explosives And A Rose, Muhammad Shanazar
- The Truth, Muhammad Shanazar
- When, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken