Alon Calinao Dy
When I looked into your eyes
And watched that tears
Came falling down like a storm,
I felt helpless like a worm.
I wanted to show you that my love
Would never hurt you like this.
I wanted to tell you that life
Was not all about pain and sufferings.
There was something in your eyes.
I couldn't tell what it was
But you have suffered enough.
I could see why you were tough.
Your eyes were eyes by many
Who have been hurt for sometime.
I wish you were carried away
By my expression of love.
I'd do anything to protect you.
I would always be there for you
Every single day
To love you endlessly.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Alon Calinao Dy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- How Oswald Dined with God, Edwin Markham
- mashumiyet, anikesh wats
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd