Alon Calinao Dy
When I looked into your eyes
And watched that tears
Came falling down like a storm,
I felt helpless like a worm.
I wanted to show you that my love
Would never hurt you like this.
I wanted to tell you that life
Was not all about pain and sufferings.
There was something in your eyes.
I couldn't tell what it was
But you have suffered enough.
I could see why you were tough.
Your eyes were eyes by many
Who have been hurt for sometime.
I wish you were carried away
By my expression of love.
I'd do anything to protect you.
I would always be there for you
Every single day
To love you endlessly.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Alon Calinao Dy )
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Poppy Flower, Zubair Ali
- Remembrance., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)