Alon Calinao Dy
When I looked into your eyes
And watched that tears
Came falling down like a storm,
I felt helpless like a worm.
I wanted to show you that my love
Would never hurt you like this.
I wanted to tell you that life
Was not all about pain and sufferings.
There was something in your eyes.
I couldn't tell what it was
But you have suffered enough.
I could see why you were tough.
Your eyes were eyes by many
Who have been hurt for sometime.
I wish you were carried away
By my expression of love.
I'd do anything to protect you.
I would always be there for you
Every single day
To love you endlessly.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Crying, Michael McParland
- Where are you going, gajanan mishra
- Funerall Elegy XX, Francis Quarles
- Lovely, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Life, Mustapha Muinah
- Funerall Elegy XIII, Francis Quarles
- A monkey's like a ghazal in his mom's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Death Be Not Proud: A parody (with apolo.., Arindom Borah
- Funerall Elegy VII, Francis Quarles
- YOU MAKE ME RICH!, Seema joglekar
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)