Yet again love eludes me
Confusion, disappointment, longing, flood back in
Lonesome shrouds me
But destined to be it seems I am
Alone. Hopping from one to the next
Without real commitment. Because that seems to be my downfall
People only like me until they date me.
Feeling like we ruled the world only lasts until the world says otherwise.
And only then if we listen
Which she did, brought down my rule
Crush any hope for redemption
Savior from the past she could have been
Ruled together we could have
But when people are harsh critiques
It’s hard to shut them out.
For fear of being pained
Therefore paining me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Yet... Again.. by tyler eisner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Worst, Michael McParland
- The World, Michael McParland
- The Simpler the Better, Brandon J. Moore
- The Wind, Michael McParland
- The Way It Used To Be, Michael McParland
- The Truth, Michael McParland
- The Sweetness, Michael McParland
- The Sweetest Girl, Michael McParland
- The Storm, Michael McParland
- The Step, Michael McParland