Yet again love eludes me
Confusion, disappointment, longing, flood back in
Lonesome shrouds me
But destined to be it seems I am
Alone. Hopping from one to the next
Without real commitment. Because that seems to be my downfall
People only like me until they date me.
Feeling like we ruled the world only lasts until the world says otherwise.
And only then if we listen
Which she did, brought down my rule
Crush any hope for redemption
Savior from the past she could have been
Ruled together we could have
But when people are harsh critiques
It’s hard to shut them out.
For fear of being pained
Therefore paining me.
tyler eisner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Yet... Again.. by tyler eisner )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)