When boys meant yuck
And friends were new
Dreams were unshattered
Worries were few.
When recess was too short
And life too long
Decisions came easy
Because everyone belonged.
When storks delivered babies
And passions weren't so strong
Friendships were unbroken
Right was right, wrong was wrong.
When bad things didn't happen
Only skinned knees brought tears
The night light in its sockets
Quieted all our fears.
When farewell meant just for summer
Real friends never parted
The fun went on forever
Because life had just started.
But all that was yesterday.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yesterday by Nina Rose )
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris