When boys meant yuck
And friends were new
Dreams were unshattered
Worries were few.
When recess was too short
And life too long
Decisions came easy
Because everyone belonged.
When storks delivered babies
And passions weren't so strong
Friendships were unbroken
Right was right, wrong was wrong.
When bad things didn't happen
Only skinned knees brought tears
The night light in its sockets
Quieted all our fears.
When farewell meant just for summer
Real friends never parted
The fun went on forever
Because life had just started.
But all that was yesterday.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yesterday by Nina Rose )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar