When boys meant yuck
And friends were new
Dreams were unshattered
Worries were few.
When recess was too short
And life too long
Decisions came easy
Because everyone belonged.
When storks delivered babies
And passions weren't so strong
Friendships were unbroken
Right was right, wrong was wrong.
When bad things didn't happen
Only skinned knees brought tears
The night light in its sockets
Quieted all our fears.
When farewell meant just for summer
Real friends never parted
The fun went on forever
Because life had just started.
But all that was yesterday.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yesterday by Nina Rose )
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul