Dr John Celes
Worrying’s a Futile Exercise
Can worrying solve a problem in our life?
Worrying can cause ill-health to mind and heart;
Today’s worries are much more than enough;
Let’s not worry about what future brings!
Worrying can upset equilibrium of mind;
You can’t decide a thing with clarity;
A worried man cannot achieve a thing;
Worrying is wasting precious time in life.
Worrying can’t help you climb life’s ladder fast;
Worries can make a trivial stress look big;
Worrying impedes your performance a lot;
A worried person cannot enjoy life.
Worrying’s a futile exercise in time;
You can’t move forward in a sphere of life;
Only a fool will keep on worrying self;
Worrying does not help you to progress well.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worrying’s a Futile Exercise by Dr John Celes )
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #3, Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)