Why Do I Feel Death So Near?
Why do I feel death so near?
Even as I hold my love so dear
I live in a world that’s filled with fear
So do the rest of us as I hear
Why do I feel death so close?
As I live in a state repose
Even when the light shines so gross
There is a shadow moving close
Why do I feel death so nigh?
Even when my heart is so high
With my love in my arms in by and by
A looming death draws by and I sigh
Why do I feel death is imminent?
Even as my love is penultimate
Treating as a constituent
Death do come so relevant
Why do I feel death so bore?
Maybe because it is at my door
Alex Fischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do I Feel Death So Near? by Alex Fischer )
- Sun Sets, Lore Me34
- Dreams, Kshitiz Gupta
- If Only, Kshitiz Gupta
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)