Why Do I Feel Death So Near?
Why do I feel death so near?
Even as I hold my love so dear
I live in a world that’s filled with fear
So do the rest of us as I hear
Why do I feel death so close?
As I live in a state repose
Even when the light shines so gross
There is a shadow moving close
Why do I feel death so nigh?
Even when my heart is so high
With my love in my arms in by and by
A looming death draws by and I sigh
Why do I feel death is imminent?
Even as my love is penultimate
Treating as a constituent
Death do come so relevant
Why do I feel death so bore?
Maybe because it is at my door
Alex Fischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do I Feel Death So Near? by Alex Fischer )
- Pohela Boishakh [Bangla New Year], Md. Ziaul Haque
- Till We Meet Again, Arno Le Roux
- The CPI(M) District Secretary, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Being Humane!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You Can Change The World With A Smile, Pushkar Bisht
- Lines Inscribed in a Lady's Pocket Alman.., Robert Burns
- Epitaph on the same, Robert Burns
- Place Identities., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Way We Are......, Garima Trivedi
- Living A Gift....., Garima Trivedi
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)