Why Do I Feel Death So Near?
Why do I feel death so near?
Even as I hold my love so dear
I live in a world that’s filled with fear
So do the rest of us as I hear
Why do I feel death so close?
As I live in a state repose
Even when the light shines so gross
There is a shadow moving close
Why do I feel death so nigh?
Even when my heart is so high
With my love in my arms in by and by
A looming death draws by and I sigh
Why do I feel death is imminent?
Even as my love is penultimate
Treating as a constituent
Death do come so relevant
Why do I feel death so bore?
Maybe because it is at my door
Alex Fischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do I Feel Death So Near? by Alex Fischer )
- The Vulture, Curtlan Popo
- Plenty Thirst Century, Curtlan Popo
- A Damp Bathroom Wall Speaks To You, Narayana Raghavan
- Why I'm You, Curtlan Popo
- Your Eyes, C J Browning
- Glamour Bloggers, Salmon Gobblers and Ca.., Curtlan Popo
- It's Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- Threads Of The Matrix, Curtlan Popo
- A crab is a crab, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Search, C J Browning
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)