Red and blue lights flashing brighter than usual.
“Everything’s going to be okay- I promise.”He would tell me
Over and over again.
“License and registration please”…
“Get out of the car now.”
“Hands on your head- don’t move.”
I glance back to see him slammed face down to the ground.
And then it fell like an apple from a tree.
“Stop leave him Alone” I cried and screamed.
Back seat was firm and brisk worst part I was lonesome…
Why is that happening?
What did we do wrong?
“I love you Kala, I love you.”
All I could think was
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? by Kala Boals )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Barack Obama And His comprehension of In.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Calculated Etchings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charity, Self-control and Mercy, gajanan mishra
- To Win Your Man's Heart, Valsa George
- Duty breeds right, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Self-acceptance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Literate History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak