Red and blue lights flashing brighter than usual.
“Everything’s going to be okay- I promise.”He would tell me
Over and over again.
“License and registration please”…
“Get out of the car now.”
“Hands on your head- don’t move.”
I glance back to see him slammed face down to the ground.
And then it fell like an apple from a tree.
“Stop leave him Alone” I cried and screamed.
Back seat was firm and brisk worst part I was lonesome…
Why is that happening?
What did we do wrong?
“I love you Kala, I love you.”
All I could think was
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? by Kala Boals )
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns