Red and blue lights flashing brighter than usual.
“Everything’s going to be okay- I promise.”He would tell me
Over and over again.
“License and registration please”…
“Get out of the car now.”
“Hands on your head- don’t move.”
I glance back to see him slammed face down to the ground.
And then it fell like an apple from a tree.
“Stop leave him Alone” I cried and screamed.
Back seat was firm and brisk worst part I was lonesome…
Why is that happening?
What did we do wrong?
“I love you Kala, I love you.”
All I could think was
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? by Kala Boals )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- beware of false friends, Micron
- Madhubala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones
- Extinction is Forever, Joseph DeMarco