M.D Dinesh Nair
Who Makes the Better Pair?
They live together,
Eat from the similar plate together,
Sleep on the foam bed together
And they bark at the neighbor together.
-A man and his high breed dog.
It is a sharing of the haves,
It is a world of their own.
They too live together,
Eat from the same garbage together,
Sleep on the uneven pavement together
And they flee at the sight of men in uniform.
-A street dweller and his low breed dog.
It is a rearing of the have-nots,
It is yet another world of their own.
Who makes the better pair of the two?
I look up unto the infinite sky
And hears a strange voice thundering into my ears,
'I am the greatest leveller of all',
And his cold hands begin to descend.
The pairs make a beeline and up in the sky
Above my head the thundering voice chuckles on.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Makes the Better Pair? by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVE, Nicholas Campbell
- I'm So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- THE KING, Nicholas Campbell
- Fair Exchange?, John F. McCullagh
- When I Lost You, Emma R. Kessler
- Sleepyhead, Mark R. Elias
- Lover, Emma R. Kessler
- Bitter love, ontomu william
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns