M.D Dinesh Nair
Who Makes the Better Pair?
They live together,
Eat from the similar plate together,
Sleep on the foam bed together
And they bark at the neighbor together.
-A man and his high breed dog.
It is a sharing of the haves,
It is a world of their own.
They too live together,
Eat from the same garbage together,
Sleep on the uneven pavement together
And they flee at the sight of men in uniform.
-A street dweller and his low breed dog.
It is a rearing of the have-nots,
It is yet another world of their own.
Who makes the better pair of the two?
I look up unto the infinite sky
And hears a strange voice thundering into my ears,
'I am the greatest leveller of all',
And his cold hands begin to descend.
The pairs make a beeline and up in the sky
Above my head the thundering voice chuckles on.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Makes the Better Pair? by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- The poet Is Tired, Tony Adah
- Making Up!, Denis Martindale
- I Will Never Be You, Katy Rotundo
- True Love, Michael McParland
- The Thief, Tony Adah
- She Tore The Page With The Rose On It, mary douglas
- Lost Saints Wandered Through Forests Of .., mary douglas
- He's God Not A Waster., tolu ogundare
- At the touch of love...., Issah Osumanu
- Cry of the Heart, Issah Osumanu