M.D Dinesh Nair
Who Makes the Better Pair?
They live together,
Eat from the similar plate together,
Sleep on the foam bed together
And they bark at the neighbor together.
-A man and his high breed dog.
It is a sharing of the haves,
It is a world of their own.
They too live together,
Eat from the same garbage together,
Sleep on the uneven pavement together
And they flee at the sight of men in uniform.
-A street dweller and his low breed dog.
It is a rearing of the have-nots,
It is yet another world of their own.
Who makes the better pair of the two?
I look up unto the infinite sky
And hears a strange voice thundering into my ears,
'I am the greatest leveller of all',
And his cold hands begin to descend.
The pairs make a beeline and up in the sky
Above my head the thundering voice chuckles on.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Makes the Better Pair? by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- She Says She can't Stand Me, Leonard Champlin
- Ethereal Wonder, Jerry Ukaigwe
- One Day, Marizane Diedericks
- Since you have left, Marizane Diedericks
- Fairy Tale, Marizane Diedericks
- Escape, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Life, Marizane Diedericks
- My Love for you, Nathan Mills
- Nightmare, John Thorkild Ellison
- Evenings on the Verandah, Angell Afinowi