M.D Dinesh Nair
Who Makes the Better Pair?
They live together,
Eat from the similar plate together,
Sleep on the foam bed together
And they bark at the neighbor together.
-A man and his high breed dog.
It is a sharing of the haves,
It is a world of their own.
They too live together,
Eat from the same garbage together,
Sleep on the uneven pavement together
And they flee at the sight of men in uniform.
-A street dweller and his low breed dog.
It is a rearing of the have-nots,
It is yet another world of their own.
Who makes the better pair of the two?
I look up unto the infinite sky
And hears a strange voice thundering into my ears,
'I am the greatest leveller of all',
And his cold hands begin to descend.
The pairs make a beeline and up in the sky
Above my head the thundering voice chuckles on.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Makes the Better Pair? by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bleeding, May Swenson
- Men, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Bells, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra
- A Shameless Thief, Chris Zachariou
- Our Last Meeting, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A Lie, Leong Ming Loong
- Should I forget?, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- thoughts of you, Dorsey Baker
- Our call, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Khoon Aloodah, Akhtar Jawad