M.D Dinesh Nair
Who Makes the Better Pair?
They live together,
Eat from the similar plate together,
Sleep on the foam bed together
And they bark at the neighbor together.
-A man and his high breed dog.
It is a sharing of the haves,
It is a world of their own.
They too live together,
Eat from the same garbage together,
Sleep on the uneven pavement together
And they flee at the sight of men in uniform.
-A street dweller and his low breed dog.
It is a rearing of the have-nots,
It is yet another world of their own.
Who makes the better pair of the two?
I look up unto the infinite sky
And hears a strange voice thundering into my ears,
'I am the greatest leveller of all',
And his cold hands begin to descend.
The pairs make a beeline and up in the sky
Above my head the thundering voice chuckles on.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Makes the Better Pair? by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- A mourning heart, Didith Marcelo
- Golden Moments, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Nothing to recover, hasmukh amathalal
- Peaceful drive, hasmukh amathalal
- With A Statue of Lord Buddha, Toured I F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mountpleasant, Mark Heathcote
- Today's Poetry Full of Propaganda & Prom.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- They Say, Rachel Glassman
- Do Not Wait For The Morrow, Rachel Glassman
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- TO DEATH, Robert Herrick
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)