I sense your presence, through the draught that entered in the night.
The rain passed onto the gleam of the morning sun of the window sill.
The chirm of birds as they roosted, on a perch glistened by the light.
So perth they chimed, and they would kittle one, into a soothing lull.
They rummage upon the soil, and afterwards to glean the fallen twigs.
And there beyond the hillock, is where we frolicked in merriment.
Under the ease of our hearts, we sauntered upon the cliffs and crags.
We roamed like rovers, on the edge of the earth without impediment.
Within the glint of the brindled rainbow, that permeated onto the sea.
Until the distant lighthouse, that once glowed like an eternal flame.
Near the wharf we rowed upon a wherry, and onto the brine with glee.
But so whisk was this to be wrested, and it would never be the same.
Soon my glee would turn to woe, and my sheen to umbrage.
As her unwonted departure, would leave me gloomy and sad.
Her memory burnished, and her words of goodbye began to singe.
They would raddle and intertwine, blight me and drive me mad.
I was strayed in such feckless ubiquity, and an ocean away.
My tears would overflood, and my heart would come to ache.
Through my dwale I know all I want, is to be with her again one day.
Whilom I was her swain, but now this flame is for others to slake.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whilom by Franc Rodriguez )
- How Do They Catch Cobras?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Remember Me, Margaret Mead
- Mechanical Life, Mechanical World, Every.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A child is, Helena Sinervo
- If I Should Die, Thomas Gray
- Her First Week, Sharon Olds
- The Countryside Joker Said It, Let Me Do.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Landmine, Naveed Akram
- I am in fire, gajanan mishra
- Hide my heart, Mysia Hayling
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)