When your hero falls
when your hero falls from grace, all fairytales are uncovered myths exposed. pain magnified and the greatest pain discovered.
you taught me to be strong, but im so confused to see you so weak.
you said, never to give up and it hurts to see you welcome defeat.
when your hero falls, so do the stars and so does the perception of tomorrow
without my hero, this is only me alone. to deal with my sorrows.
your heart ceases to work and your soul is not happy at all.
what are you expected to do when your only hero falls?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When your hero falls by Mariah Smith )
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alan W. Jankowski
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)