When your hero falls
when your hero falls from grace, all fairytales are uncovered myths exposed. pain magnified and the greatest pain discovered.
you taught me to be strong, but im so confused to see you so weak.
you said, never to give up and it hurts to see you welcome defeat.
when your hero falls, so do the stars and so does the perception of tomorrow
without my hero, this is only me alone. to deal with my sorrows.
your heart ceases to work and your soul is not happy at all.
what are you expected to do when your only hero falls?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When your hero falls by Mariah Smith )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)