When someone is parted by the defect Rasul Gamzatov
* * *
When someone is parted by the defect,
We judge and shout, and we are indignant,
By the vestige of the antiquated times
All worst defects we are called.
That is the careerist, and this is the slanderer,
Pursued the people in the spiteful anonimous.
But the grandfathers are here at somewhat? So our language
In those days did not know the similar words!
* * *
Когда пороком кто-то наделен,
Мы судим, и кричим, и негодуем,
Мы пережитком дедовских времен
Все худшие пороки именуем.
Тот карьерист, а этот клеветник,
Людей клянущий в анонимках злобных.
Но деды здесь при чем? Ведь наш язык
В те времена и слов не знал подобных!
Yuri Starostin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When someone is parted by the defect Rasul Gamzatov by Yuri Starostin )
- Today I Am Grateful, Liilia Talts Morrison
- When love seemed extra special, Mark Heathcote
- Hand To Hold, Kelly Zion
- Can't Win, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Free Samples, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)