When someone is parted by the defect Rasul Gamzatov
* * *
When someone is parted by the defect,
We judge and shout, and we are indignant,
By the vestige of the antiquated times
All worst defects we are called.
That is the careerist, and this is the slanderer,
Pursued the people in the spiteful anonimous.
But the grandfathers are here at somewhat? So our language
In those days did not know the similar words!
* * *
Когда пороком кто-то наделен,
Мы судим, и кричим, и негодуем,
Мы пережитком дедовских времен
Все худшие пороки именуем.
Тот карьерист, а этот клеветник,
Людей клянущий в анонимках злобных.
Но деды здесь при чем? Ведь наш язык
В те времена и слов не знал подобных!
Yuri Starostin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When someone is parted by the defect Rasul Gamzatov by Yuri Starostin )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Fascinating Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dwelling In Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Line to You, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Remedy to Find, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Inner Workings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colours, Daniel Rimero
- India's Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Love! Let's run away from light., SAK Reddy
- Journey Of Ancient Values, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You On This Day, Michael P. McParland