WHEN SOMEONE IS GONE
Why it is that when someone is gone
We realized how precious our love one;
Why we often see the emptiness only
When we could never behold thee.
My heart bleeds for I have not done
The wishes of my father for this son;
It bothers me with so much agony
For I failed to fulfill my father's inquiry.
My father wanted me to be a lawyer
But fate never let a gold be discovered
For at an early age I married untimely
To someone who was an unfaitful lady.
I regret that when we've been together
I never ever said ' I love you Father'
For I find it so insignificant to tell orally
My great love for him and to our family.
I just hope my father will understand
That I'm shy to accost my heart's plan;
But He knew I love him so tenderly
With the love he showed to the family.
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN SOMEONE IS GONE by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)