WHEN SOMEONE IS GONE
Why it is that when someone is gone
We realized how precious our love one;
Why we often see the emptiness only
When we could never behold thee.
My heart bleeds for I have not done
The wishes of my father for this son;
It bothers me with so much agony
For I failed to fulfill my father's inquiry.
My father wanted me to be a lawyer
But fate never let a gold be discovered
For at an early age I married untimely
To someone who was an unfaitful lady.
I regret that when we've been together
I never ever said ' I love you Father'
For I find it so insignificant to tell orally
My great love for him and to our family.
I just hope my father will understand
That I'm shy to accost my heart's plan;
But He knew I love him so tenderly
With the love he showed to the family.
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN SOMEONE IS GONE by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
- to trip with you on the road again would.., Mandolyn ...
- Lost In Nothing, jackie compton
- The Book That Stands Alone, Katherine Nordhaus
- ~ Why ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- Nigeria Arise and Save thyself, Henry Isiekwe
- Not a minute or a day too late or soon, Mark Heathcote
- Little makes a lot, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In For A Penny, In For A Buck, Noah Body
- O Wow!, Robert Eckstein
- হে নারী, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)