WHEN SOMEONE IS GONE
Why it is that when someone is gone
We realized how precious our love one;
Why we often see the emptiness only
When we could never behold thee.
My heart bleeds for I have not done
The wishes of my father for this son;
It bothers me with so much agony
For I failed to fulfill my father's inquiry.
My father wanted me to be a lawyer
But fate never let a gold be discovered
For at an early age I married untimely
To someone who was an unfaitful lady.
I regret that when we've been together
I never ever said ' I love you Father'
For I find it so insignificant to tell orally
My great love for him and to our family.
I just hope my father will understand
That I'm shy to accost my heart's plan;
But He knew I love him so tenderly
With the love he showed to the family.
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN SOMEONE IS GONE by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
- He Keeps The Stencils Of The Living Day, mary douglas
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)