WHEN SOMEONE IS GONE
Why it is that when someone is gone
We realized how precious our love one;
Why we often see the emptiness only
When we could never behold thee.
My heart bleeds for I have not done
The wishes of my father for this son;
It bothers me with so much agony
For I failed to fulfill my father's inquiry.
My father wanted me to be a lawyer
But fate never let a gold be discovered
For at an early age I married untimely
To someone who was an unfaitful lady.
I regret that when we've been together
I never ever said ' I love you Father'
For I find it so insignificant to tell orally
My great love for him and to our family.
I just hope my father will understand
That I'm shy to accost my heart's plan;
But He knew I love him so tenderly
With the love he showed to the family.
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHEN SOMEONE IS GONE by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
- engulfed in your flesh, Billie Lynn Minear
- recyclops, ramon lvdiaz
- Ideal or Real, immanuel santos
- clear as mud, Mandolyn ...
- Burma war, lee fones
- Nexus in open, hasmukh amathalal
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
- Oh, The Cautious Heart, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)