When Love Is Not Enough
When in this land you have given your all,
And not think twice when someone needs forgiven,
Love can cover the hurt every time you fall,
But bruises will be hidden beneath the vale of sin.
Even in death love may have its share of grief,
But that will never be enough to comfort the bereaved,
Roaming within the fate of solitude and disbelief,
The search may go on until the heart is relieved.
If love would have been enough to dispel all fear,
You would not be left alone with emotions and regret,
The two protagonists; they find a path more unclear,
And eyes can not see paradise where there is neglect.
The world we knew was once full and glowing,
But when dreams fled into streams of darker abyss,
Though time may conquer that delta force from within,
Love will never be enough without true happiness.
Paradise was such a beautiful place in our mind,
Exist only when we find time to go there in spirit,
On a trip; in this realm of splendid sublime,
Bliss is given to only those digging deep to find it.
When love is not enough, there is a place to escape,
Found in the wind that floats through the passing air,
Can we dare to go and be where those memories fade?
And fond embrace becomes the only treasure.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When Love Is Not Enough by Gerry Legister )
- The Merely Imagined Author Writing The L.., mary douglas
- Will you come to me tonight?, Erato
- पापा, sushant jha
- पापा, sushant jha
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
Poem of the Day
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1636 or 1637 – ca. 27 September 1674)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)