When Love Is Not Enough
When in this land you have given your all,
And not think twice when someone needs forgiven,
Love can cover the hurt every time you fall,
But bruises will be hidden beneath the vale of sin.
Even in death love may have its share of grief,
But that will never be enough to comfort the bereaved,
Roaming within the fate of solitude and disbelief,
The search may go on until the heart is relieved.
If love would have been enough to dispel all fear,
You would not be left alone with emotions and regret,
The two protagonists; they find a path more unclear,
And eyes can not see paradise where there is neglect.
The world we knew was once full and glowing,
But when dreams fled into streams of darker abyss,
Though time may conquer that delta force from within,
Love will never be enough without true happiness.
Paradise was such a beautiful place in our mind,
Exist only when we find time to go there in spirit,
On a trip; in this realm of splendid sublime,
Bliss is given to only those digging deep to find it.
When love is not enough, there is a place to escape,
Found in the wind that floats through the passing air,
Can we dare to go and be where those memories fade?
And fond embrace becomes the only treasure.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When Love Is Not Enough by Gerry Legister )
- क्या मिला, sanjay kumar maurya
- The stars of respect is the smile of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)