When I'm Out of Pretty Words to Say...
See me when I'm happy and know
that I am, too, when I know
that you know I am.
Down with the drama,
away with the fancy lines.
When I'm out of pretty words to say,
I want you to listen to the sound
of my laughter, observe the flushes
of red on my face, and notice
when I am cross-faced, speechless,
wide-eyed, or motionless so that even
without my play of words,
you would know...
Serina Alonzo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I'm Out of Pretty Words to Say... by Serina Alonzo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas
- Cassandra In Your Face, Terence G. Craddock
- Infamous Art Hotel Inhospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- Summer Music, Fireworks Melting the Ice .., mary douglas