When I'm Out of Pretty Words to Say...
See me when I'm happy and know
that I am, too, when I know
that you know I am.
Down with the drama,
away with the fancy lines.
When I'm out of pretty words to say,
I want you to listen to the sound
of my laughter, observe the flushes
of red on my face, and notice
when I am cross-faced, speechless,
wide-eyed, or motionless so that even
without my play of words,
you would know...
Serina Alonzo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I'm Out of Pretty Words to Say... by Serina Alonzo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- You Made Me A Fool, Edward Kofi Louis
- Only aim, gajanan mishra
- The Wheelchair Butterfly, James Tate
- Crickets, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I can feel your love, Jesus James Llorico
- Grabbing The Winds, Edward Kofi Louis
- Christianity is, Peter Hall
- Poems (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- The road home from Glasgow airport, Peter Hall
- Where the grass is greener, Peter Hall