When I'm Out of Pretty Words to Say...
See me when I'm happy and know
that I am, too, when I know
that you know I am.
Down with the drama,
away with the fancy lines.
When I'm out of pretty words to say,
I want you to listen to the sound
of my laughter, observe the flushes
of red on my face, and notice
when I am cross-faced, speechless,
wide-eyed, or motionless so that even
without my play of words,
you would know...
Serina Alonzo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I'm Out of Pretty Words to Say... by Serina Alonzo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck
- EIDIA العيدية (MONEY GIVEN BY PARENTS TO.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Valentine, mary douglas
- GOD'S GLORY, Tom Zart
- Even After Us, Naveed Akram
- companions, paul bamberger
- Nothing Else To Do, Kyle Schlicher