What Men Live By
Men live by the deeds they do
Men live by the Passion their Self they screw.
Men live by the Success they achieve
Men live by the Honour they receive.
Men live by the Name they take
Men live by the Fame they make.
Men live by the Achievements they count
Men live by the Heights they mount.
Men live by the Love they give and take
Men live by the Affection they interact.
Men live by the Emotions of mutual bond
Men live by the Compassion they feel and respond.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Men Live By by Vivek Tiwari )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tyranny, Amitava Sur
- Be Near Heaven's Door, Naveed Akram
- On The Brink Of Insanity, Michael Webb
- Just Passing Through, Lora Colon
- Clarified Heart, Naveed Akram
- Walls and Weight and a Wake, Trevor Toews
- Best Friends, Francie Lynch
- This Afternoon, Trevor Toews
- Trash or Treasure, Trevor Toews
- The Ifs Of My Life, Trevor Toews