What is a Hero?
Never did I ever think of the definition of a hero.
Is a hero someone who defends the innocent who can’t defend themselves?
Does a hero need's to be arcane? Is a hero someone who thinks of others first?
Is a hero someone who faces dangers in times of peril despite all the odds? Is a hero someone who goes that little extra mile against all odds to make the world a better place?
Are heroes seen as heroes because they are intellectual, strong, fast, braves’ danger or because they are arcane? No, a hero is someone who is hopeful in times when seen as all hope is gone, although hope may be frail it’s hard to kill.
A hero is someone who fights all kind of injustice but also who is merciful. A hero is someone who is compassionate to others needs and difficulties, someone who is loyal to fighting injustice and sincere in what they are doing but with wisdom.
Show me a person with the attributes of being merciful, compassionate, loyal, sincere and wise and I will not only show you a hero but a Legend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is a Hero? by Chrispin Johnson )
- God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- soon. chapter 3., Mandolyn ...
- soon. chapter 2, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)