What if I could fly?
I could soar through the heavens, visiting the lost.
Over the white pillows and relax for a while.
Around the blue, winged, without a care,
Airborne with only the feeling of being with who I love.
What if I could win everything?
Before I start a game or race, magic would give me those abilities.
The red faced burn would never happen when I played.
I would run at speeds like never before,
And leap through the air higher than anyone.
What if life was one big musical?
And existence was one big song.
Along I would sing melodies about anything.
Until the chorus came along to join in the tune,
We would all sing a great harmonious anthem.
What if I lived all my special dreams?
Walking through a chocolate river one day,
Past a huge rainbow, finding a pot of gold the next.
Anything I thought could only happen during my doze,
Would happen at my wakefulness instead.
What if I could use my own imagination to decide what would happen?
To choose not to feel the pain of loss,
Or to feel the heat of embarrassment.
I would never have to endure the plainness of boredom,
Together with having my best thoughts be only in my unconsciousness.
What if I had the choice for it to be my way?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If... by Emily Lower )
- Us Of A, Joe Muschaweck
- Don't be primitive, Aftab Alam
- Trophy Mother, Antonio Liao
- Accruing Factions Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
- They danced, Brian Kilpatrick
- Sure to over come, hasmukh amathalal
- Lull Me to Sleep, Valsa George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)