What if I could fly?
I could soar through the heavens, visiting the lost.
Over the white pillows and relax for a while.
Around the blue, winged, without a care,
Airborne with only the feeling of being with who I love.
What if I could win everything?
Before I start a game or race, magic would give me those abilities.
The red faced burn would never happen when I played.
I would run at speeds like never before,
And leap through the air higher than anyone.
What if life was one big musical?
And existence was one big song.
Along I would sing melodies about anything.
Until the chorus came along to join in the tune,
We would all sing a great harmonious anthem.
What if I lived all my special dreams?
Walking through a chocolate river one day,
Past a huge rainbow, finding a pot of gold the next.
Anything I thought could only happen during my doze,
Would happen at my wakefulness instead.
What if I could use my own imagination to decide what would happen?
To choose not to feel the pain of loss,
Or to feel the heat of embarrassment.
I would never have to endure the plainness of boredom,
Together with having my best thoughts be only in my unconsciousness.
What if I had the choice for it to be my way?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If... by Emily Lower )
- groundnut seller, umoh cyril
- imoremi, umoh cyril
- Palm's Greeting, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The land of the stars is the land of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- enjoy the silence.... in my fart, Jena Crowe
- Over-Ride, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Song, Blessing Ekpe
- Everyone Asks, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Sooner or later عاجلا ام اجلا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fools Game, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)