What if I could fly?
I could soar through the heavens, visiting the lost.
Over the white pillows and relax for a while.
Around the blue, winged, without a care,
Airborne with only the feeling of being with who I love.
What if I could win everything?
Before I start a game or race, magic would give me those abilities.
The red faced burn would never happen when I played.
I would run at speeds like never before,
And leap through the air higher than anyone.
What if life was one big musical?
And existence was one big song.
Along I would sing melodies about anything.
Until the chorus came along to join in the tune,
We would all sing a great harmonious anthem.
What if I lived all my special dreams?
Walking through a chocolate river one day,
Past a huge rainbow, finding a pot of gold the next.
Anything I thought could only happen during my doze,
Would happen at my wakefulness instead.
What if I could use my own imagination to decide what would happen?
To choose not to feel the pain of loss,
Or to feel the heat of embarrassment.
I would never have to endure the plainness of boredom,
Together with having my best thoughts be only in my unconsciousness.
What if I had the choice for it to be my way?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If... by Emily Lower )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Giving Praise (Cor.), Margaret Alice Second
- Princess Sakura (Regional Japan), Ronald Chapman
- What The Crab Told His Children, Tony Adah
- I've been sloppy losing you, Mark Heathcote
- LAST TIME MAYBE., Terry Collett
- Advice To My Son, Tony Adah
- ONE'S GOOD TRACE IN LIFE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears Tear Tears, V P Mahur
- Gretel's Reminiscence, mary douglas
- Still Imbued With The Living Rose, mary douglas