What happened my dear
What happened my dear
Love departed with associates from us
Who is here to save us
We the animate and the inanimate existed
We the masculine and feminine
Appellations transgressed our natural bounds
And we are completely possessed by lust.
The whole world I see is blinded and agitated
The minds of all are seized with lust
The boughs of trees bent low at the sight of the creepers
Rivers in spate rushed to meet the ocean
Lakes and ponds united in love with one another
Beasts that walk on land and birds traversing the air
Lost all sense of time and became victim of lust.
Even great Yogis and sages and ascetics are
Possessed by lust, look fair sex is everywhere
What type of game is going on in this universe
Women perceived the whole world as full of men
Men beheld as full of women, it is the terror
Nobody could remain self-possessed
O my dear, where is true love and where is truth.
Have peace and have peace of mind, my dear
Save the creatures, here!
O, it is the lovely spring that appeared
Rows of young trees laden with flowers appearing charming
And love overflowed everywhere
Beauty of forest is beyond descriptions
A cool gentle and fragrant freeze fanned as faithful companion
In lakes rows of lotuses blossomed
Swarms of charming bees hummed on them
Sweet notes are there uttered by swans cuckoos and parrots.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What happened my dear by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
- Early To Bed, Michael McParland
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
- On the Day Isaac Lay Upon the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- 567, Mandolyn ...
- A Painful Extraction, Greg Costello
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns