Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
What Can Death Do To Us
WHAT CAN DEATH DO TO US
What Can Death Do To us
That Life has not already done?
What is there to Fear
That we have not already suffered?
Death is the unknown bourne
That may be everlasting punishment
It is the endless pain no one any longer believes in-
Death is the silence and rest of final sleep
The forever not knowing of Being-
Or perhaps, that Redemption long promised
We cannot exactly imagine the meaning of-
Perhaps it is that return to God
That makes us live in a way beyond what our life is here-
Death is a question-
What can Death do to us
That unknown and uncertain Life
Has not already done?
The end is a question
And perhaps not a Silence forever-
Let us live as long and as well as we can
Life alone is the only answer we will ever know-
Let Death wait as long as it can forever please-
Poet Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.