What Can Death Do To Us
WHAT CAN DEATH DO TO US
What Can Death Do To us
That Life has not already done?
What is there to Fear
That we have not already suffered?
Death is the unknown bourne
That may be everlasting punishment
It is the endless pain no one any longer believes in-
Death is the silence and rest of final sleep
The forever not knowing of Being-
Or perhaps, that Redemption long promised
We cannot exactly imagine the meaning of-
Perhaps it is that return to God
That makes us live in a way beyond what our life is here-
Death is a question-
What can Death do to us
That unknown and uncertain Life
Has not already done?
The end is a question
And perhaps not a Silence forever-
Let us live as long and as well as we can
Life alone is the only answer we will ever know-
Let Death wait as long as it can forever please-
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Can Death Do To Us by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- My address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah
- Your Party, Dog goD 8Hate