Lawrence S. Pertillar
What A Brilliant Idea
Their wish to see others fail,
Apparently has been successful.
'Why would you say something like that? '
Look around you.
Failure is all over the place.
No one could miss it if they wanted to.
They've done everything possible,
To guarantee it is noticed by everyone.
For what purpose? '
To place the blame of it on someone else.
The sense of this is what? '
To ensure everyone is aware,
That failure is apparent.
With the ease of placing the creation of it,
Doesn't the doing of this,
Make all involve appear as if...
No one is competent? '
The mindset behind the doing of this,
Proves what? '
You got me.
I'm doing my best to keep successfully distant.
And even then someone with a petty wish to argue,
Perceives my refusal to be offensive.
'Have you tried disguising yourself as a panhandler? '
What a brilliant idea.
I can make a few dollars on the side.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What A Brilliant Idea by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Whispers Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sun Dream, Aftab Alam
- Memory's Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Like rays, hasmukh amathalal
- Chamber Of Quiet Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Plato's Cave, Edward A. Morris
- Starting with Paradox in a Poet's Nightm.., Edward A. Morris
- Rhymes with Use, Edward A. Morris
- The Hairy Tick, Edward A. Morris
- Epistemology in a Pickled Pepper Shell, Edward A. Morris