Lawrence S. Pertillar
What A Brilliant Idea
Their wish to see others fail,
Apparently has been successful.
'Why would you say something like that? '
Look around you.
Failure is all over the place.
No one could miss it if they wanted to.
They've done everything possible,
To guarantee it is noticed by everyone.
For what purpose? '
To place the blame of it on someone else.
The sense of this is what? '
To ensure everyone is aware,
That failure is apparent.
With the ease of placing the creation of it,
Doesn't the doing of this,
Make all involve appear as if...
No one is competent? '
The mindset behind the doing of this,
Proves what? '
You got me.
I'm doing my best to keep successfully distant.
And even then someone with a petty wish to argue,
Perceives my refusal to be offensive.
'Have you tried disguising yourself as a panhandler? '
What a brilliant idea.
I can make a few dollars on the side.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What A Brilliant Idea by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- Retrace, Sunny Chopra
- Diversity-in-Unity*, Tushar Ray
- Nobody Home - 2. Passive Voice, Joseph Archer
- a written poem, animesh sapkota
- Nobody Home - 1. Forever We Roll, Joseph Archer
- Losing Interest, Dawson Walter Smith
- Thirteen Ways To Look at Flowers, Mason Liu
- Suicide, Michael P. McParland
- Man in the Moon, Diana Landry Bardsly
- Indian English Poetry: A Study In Scatte.., Bijay Kant Dubey