Lawrence S. Pertillar
Was Any Of This Meant To Be Intentional?
We introduced the confusion and conflicts,
With our deceit.
What else do you wish to have revealed?
'I have a question.'
What is it?
'Was any of this meant to be intentional? '
But none of us could foresee,
Placing the blame on someone else...
Would come to effect,
The masquerading of our credibility.
And we are here,
To beg of you a forgiveness.
If this should happen again? '
We will be here to beg of you a forgiveness.
What is it that you don't understand,
About this process?
Our values and standards are kept very high.
Oh, okay! '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Was Any Of This Meant To Be Intentional? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra