Wars And Words
Certain people ride and wage a war,
Jostled by the crowds of cowards;
Certain representatives speak ill
Of those in the zone of battalions.
Some may describe a warrior of blood,
Otherwise the regions of war are far,
As these tests prove false that you are dumb,
Asking from people with words.
The wars have forced us into sadness,
Faces are turned to the realities of disaster,
Dads and mums afford for their children
Now that beef and mutton are served.
What is more sacred than the trust?
The traitors of ages that have doom
Bespoke this afternoon in the glories
Of our time, but no one forgot the tragedy.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wars And Words by Naveed Akram )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver