Wars And Words
Certain people ride and wage a war,
Jostled by the crowds of cowards;
Certain representatives speak ill
Of those in the zone of battalions.
Some may describe a warrior of blood,
Otherwise the regions of war are far,
As these tests prove false that you are dumb,
Asking from people with words.
The wars have forced us into sadness,
Faces are turned to the realities of disaster,
Dads and mums afford for their children
Now that beef and mutton are served.
What is more sacred than the trust?
The traitors of ages that have doom
Bespoke this afternoon in the glories
Of our time, but no one forgot the tragedy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wars And Words by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra