Walter Scott 1771-1832
His poems and his novels today read when most writers of his time are forgot
He was one of Scotland's great writers the marvellous bard Walter Scott
His still popular Waverley Novels have surely stood the test of time
He was one who told a great story and penned many a memorable rhyme.
This doggerel will not do him justice the man was a literary great
His works are the works of a genius and with the best writers he rate
He passed on in his early sixties a financial debt he was trying to repay
Back in the early eighteen thirties his legend is living today.
He was one of Scotland's great writers and few with him one can compare
Some of his stories have been made into films the Scotts of this World are so rare
Rob Roy and The Heart of Midlothian famous novels that are read Worldwide
Penned by Edinburgh's famed man of letters of him greatness cannot be denied.
His long poem The Lay of the last Minstrel in it has many a memorable line
The poems of Scott always give pleasure they seem to age well like good wine
Along with Scotland's beloved bard Robert Burns he commands a high literary place
And Walter Scott lives on in history as a credit to his clan and race.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Walter Scott 1771-1832 by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Life and body separable, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 10, ramesh rai
- Beyond my Soul, John Siregar
- Searching Blonde, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)