Verdure of shamrocks
There beyond the shores of Ireland are fleecy clouds,
as they suddenly begin to wend and dapple.
Soon to then darkle as the dense clouds swiftly,
turn into the mighty pouring rain.
And the rainfall begins to cover the lush vegetation,
and abundantly form puddle after puddle.
Afterwards it starts within haste to bespatter,
upon the surrounded low plain.
There where the rugged hills and rolling green pastures,
lie in the depth of the lowlands.
It soon after drenches the ring of costal mountains,
and reaches the broad leaf wealds.
And awashes the peat bogs and the plentiful ferns,
in the nearby moisten wetlands.
But thenceforth the strong Wuthering Storm ceases,
and wanes within the autumn falls.
The manifold gorses and the lovesome wild furzes,
begin to wizen as their petals fade in the gale.
There whereupon the red fox and the red deer roam,
beyond the blanket of limestone near the hummocks.
And the coming of the harsh and cold winter looms,
beyond the succour of the nearby quaint dale.
There to be seen in this haven where the river flows,
is a beautiful verdure of shamrocks.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Verdure of shamrocks by Franc Rodriguez )
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Home and Love, Aftab Alam
- Annihilation of trust, Aftab Alam
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)