Verdure of shamrocks
There beyond the shores of Ireland are fleecy clouds,
as they suddenly begin to wend and dapple.
Soon to then darkle as the dense clouds swiftly,
turn into the mighty pouring rain.
And the rainfall begins to cover the lush vegetation,
and abundantly form puddle after puddle.
Afterwards it starts within haste to bespatter,
upon the surrounded low plain.
There where the rugged hills and rolling green pastures,
lie in the depth of the lowlands.
It soon after drenches the ring of costal mountains,
and reaches the broad leaf wealds.
And awashes the peat bogs and the plentiful ferns,
in the nearby moisten wetlands.
But thenceforth the strong Wuthering Storm ceases,
and wanes within the autumn falls.
The manifold gorses and the lovesome wild furzes,
begin to wizen as their petals fade in the gale.
There whereupon the red fox and the red deer roam,
beyond the blanket of limestone near the hummocks.
And the coming of the harsh and cold winter looms,
beyond the succour of the nearby quaint dale.
There to be seen in this haven where the river flows,
is a beautiful verdure of shamrocks.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Verdure of shamrocks by Franc Rodriguez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Zoo Keeper, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Undiminished, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Finish This List Of Chores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Good circle, hasmukh amathalal
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar