Verdure of shamrocks
There beyond the shores of Ireland are fleecy clouds,
as they suddenly begin to wend and dapple.
Soon to then darkle as the dense clouds swiftly,
turn into the mighty pouring rain.
And the rainfall begins to cover the lush vegetation,
and abundantly form puddle after puddle.
Afterwards it starts within haste to bespatter,
upon the surrounded low plain.
There where the rugged hills and rolling green pastures,
lie in the depth of the lowlands.
It soon after drenches the ring of costal mountains,
and reaches the broad leaf wealds.
And awashes the peat bogs and the plentiful ferns,
in the nearby moisten wetlands.
But thenceforth the strong Wuthering Storm ceases,
and wanes within the autumn falls.
The manifold gorses and the lovesome wild furzes,
begin to wizen as their petals fade in the gale.
There whereupon the red fox and the red deer roam,
beyond the blanket of limestone near the hummocks.
And the coming of the harsh and cold winter looms,
beyond the succour of the nearby quaint dale.
There to be seen in this haven where the river flows,
is a beautiful verdure of shamrocks.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Verdure of shamrocks by Franc Rodriguez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 October 1948 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Feeling Your Love, Michael P. McParland
- Feeling You, Michael P. McParland
- Feel My Touch, Michael P. McParland
- Falling, Michael P. McParland
- Faith In Him, Michael P. McParland
- Faded Night, Michael P. McParland
- Extra, Michael P. McParland
- Rosy - 1, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Extended Hand, Michael P. McParland
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...