Xavier Paolo Josh Ledesma Mandreza
Venture on the Seas - Scroll Two
Then in the Time of Darkness,
That Frightful Event which me failed to harness,
The same Winds of Terror, with Spears of Rain,
Causing the Sea and Dinghy so much unneeded pain.
That Storm, that Monstrous Pirate,
Always makes my Telescoped Mind,
Wiring in Terror.
The Mast, nearly broken. The Sails, half-torn,
The Hull almost fractured; And fell out of Scorn.
In each one of them did I try to fix,
But soon the Vessel came to a nix.
The Force of the Elder Wind - so Strong,
And I just wondered what else would go wrong.
Then, I only thought of only one, lasting option:
To which I then, enclosed me hands,
Making sure no-one was there for me
'Oh God, the Lord of Heavens and Saints! '
I cried. 'Please deliver us from this Calamity! '
Now through Faith my Will, I would be heard,
Up to the Last Minute, in His every Word.
As I clapped me hands in Despair,
For I know I knew,
That the Lord would have sent
His Heavenly Crew.
Looking here. Looking there.
Even as me eyes continued to stare,
A sudden Calm through Waters came,
But me trusty Dinghy's skeleton would
Never be the same.
Xavier Paolo Josh Ledesma Mandreza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Venture on the Seas - Scroll Two by Xavier Paolo Josh Ledesma Mandreza )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
Poem of the Day
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam