Xavier Paolo Josh Ledesma Mandreza
Venture on the Seas - Scroll Two
Then in the Time of Darkness,
That Frightful Event which me failed to harness,
The same Winds of Terror, with Spears of Rain,
Causing the Sea and Dinghy so much unneeded pain.
That Storm, that Monstrous Pirate,
Always makes my Telescoped Mind,
Wiring in Terror.
The Mast, nearly broken. The Sails, half-torn,
The Hull almost fractured; And fell out of Scorn.
In each one of them did I try to fix,
But soon the Vessel came to a nix.
The Force of the Elder Wind - so Strong,
And I just wondered what else would go wrong.
Then, I only thought of only one, lasting option:
To which I then, enclosed me hands,
Making sure no-one was there for me
'Oh God, the Lord of Heavens and Saints! '
I cried. 'Please deliver us from this Calamity! '
Now through Faith my Will, I would be heard,
Up to the Last Minute, in His every Word.
As I clapped me hands in Despair,
For I know I knew,
That the Lord would have sent
His Heavenly Crew.
Looking here. Looking there.
Even as me eyes continued to stare,
A sudden Calm through Waters came,
But me trusty Dinghy's skeleton would
Never be the same.
Xavier Paolo Josh Ledesma Mandreza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Venture on the Seas - Scroll Two by Xavier Paolo Josh Ledesma Mandreza )
- Halloween Wind, Rhonda Baker
- My Mam Jackie., David Boyce
- For every sun thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- whatever, Frank Avon
- Warmth in the Winter, Joshua Chuhran
- I REMEMBER, Nazreen Nazarudeen
- Story of Man, Joshua Chuhran
- Daily admission, gajanan mishra
- The Idealist., RAJ VIKRAM
- waste your time reading this, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)