'V is for Victory'
In the Mukilteo lighthouse park, shortly before
dark, what an awesome sight we did see. The
clouds above Whibey Island clearly formed a
gigantic 'V' is for victory. The reddish amber sky
was a precious gift mofe valuable than either silver
or gold to me. I'm glad it was free, indeed.
What's more, the gigantic 'V' left a lasting legacy
remaining in our eternal memories. The beautiful
amber sky was another heavenly sign. In the
clouds above bestowed upon us a gift of love.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
It became the title poem of our 'V' is for Victory Faith Lutheran's church's booklet to benefit our church, and charities. Do believe the clouds sometimes form letters or other objects in the sky? We believe it is true!
Comments about this poem ('V is for Victory' by Roxanne Dubarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou