'V is for Victory'
In the Mukilteo lighthouse park, shortly before
dark, what an awesome sight we did see. The
clouds above Whibey Island clearly formed a
gigantic 'V' is for victory. The reddish amber sky
was a precious gift mofe valuable than either silver
or gold to me. I'm glad it was free, indeed.
What's more, the gigantic 'V' left a lasting legacy
remaining in our eternal memories. The beautiful
amber sky was another heavenly sign. In the
clouds above bestowed upon us a gift of love.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
It became the title poem of our 'V' is for Victory Faith Lutheran's church's booklet to benefit our church, and charities. Do believe the clouds sometimes form letters or other objects in the sky? We believe it is true!
Comments about this poem ('V is for Victory' by Roxanne Dubarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sacrifices, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Value Of A Telephone, Edgar Albert Guest
- My mind is not without fear.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Jes' Wonderin'!, Edgar Albert Guest
- Tell Him Why, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Time For Brotherhood, Edgar Albert Guest
- Capital Punishment, Edgar Albert Guest
- Answering The Usual Questions, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Cure, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Peace Makers, Tony Adah