Prof. Ayaz Momin
Ups And Downs
Ups And Downs
Never have we understood,
Chop down the trees we, but chop up the wood.
Draw down the wrath we, draw up wills,
Run down our foes we, run up bills.
Eat up food we, gulp down a drink,
Life is a little strange, we think.
Turn down offers we, turn up our noses,
Last thought occours and this closes -
Should it be remembered we, poor clowns,
That life is full of ups and downs.
Prof. Ayaz Momin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ups And Downs by Prof. Ayaz Momin )
- I am your mind, gajanan mishra
- What is Fall?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy relation, hasmukh amathalal
- Echo Within, vikram adhikari
- What a Dream it was, mohamed Alpha Ba
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)