Lawrence S. Pertillar
I use to believe thinking was as common...
As a simple walk through a forest,
To identify the difference in appearance...
Of those trees that had leaves,
And the Pines that stood that didn't.
I have always been curious about nature.
With my connection identified to it.
Even with experiences I collected,
I still had been somehow naïve.
When I in conversation listened,
I perceived my comments made...
Were by someone else being received.
Whenever I thought I was communicating.
And the process of it had been understood.
But today in the midst of intended confusion,
With a choice sometimes to be amongst those...
Who have been unconsciously mentally abused,
Although many refuse to acknowledge it.
I make an effort to choose to do those walks,
Through the forest alone to be close to the trees.
Knowing my presence will be undetected visibly.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Undetected Visibly by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(September 16, 1925 – August 22, 2011)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Forgiveness, Eugene Latumbo
- Wrapping Paper, Bows, and You, Nika McGuin
- The imperfect world, Cyrus Shaftang
- Marriage, Marlin Nightingale
- Ruins الاطلال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Your eyes, Leong Ming Loong
- Studentship., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Knowing the Truth, Nika McGuin
- I write, Nassy Fesharaki
- Assuredly بالتأكيد, MOHAMMAD SKATI