Louise Marie DelSanto
My mother, that once
wrapped Christmas gifts
and candy for all of us
tells me about how money
fancy ribbon curling, handwritten
notes, loving sentiment. Her
hands smooth and soft, mastering
the task into the early morning
hours while my father would
comment about her lack of sleep
because of us.
My mother would attach
little notes, her writing round
and curvy, underlining love and
kisses. Months of wrapping and
placing gifts for each child. The
delight of opening them one by
one first on Christmas morning.
There is a small corner
by the tree where her gifts
and candy would topple over
The paper and ribbon filling up
the room in sequence. The
music boxes playing sweet
And I still have the
Porcelain snowbells and
the little Christmas cards
where she underlined love
Louise Marie DelSanto's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Underlined by Louise Marie DelSanto )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra