Waltz For Zizi
Under The Proudest Flower, My Lifetime Of Kisses
Under the world's proudest flower
I've buried my lifetime of kisses
in a selfish attempt to save them,
'From your lips..'.
In the deepest sea I've sunk my heart
for my blonde dream, to grow wings,
and fly back, to the creatures of the moon.
But in my attempt, the world, and you,
none really understood why
'..I traveled there..'.
I was told by the giants,
hammered by the gods with gold flesh
in the shape of their ambitions
to stop weeping, and start fishing
because those pieces, singing, and alluring sailors
'..w(h) ere your heart..'.
And so, their love ritual started
the giants, trying to glue those pieces of you
while above the man's hundred kingdoms
that had to rose from blood
to be tall enough for them,
the sky, painted like your eyes
'..falls like a star..'.
Finally they have managed
to cover me with you.
I'm all blue now, and discovered that love,
was all along, resting
'..in my palms.'.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Under The Proudest Flower, My Lifetime Of Kisses by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari الاستاذ ياسر ن.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery