I gave you everything
I wished I had gotten
I gave you the love
I wish I could of had
Don't forget that
I still gave it
The love I wished
Still would have last
For unconditional love
Is the love that I had wished
April Swan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
My mothers love was unconditional. When she was there in the head..
Her illness was her monster though. And her addictions and partying..
She was not able to take care of me.
She is the kind of love I wished for..
Comments about this poem (Unconditional Promise by April Swan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- Emerge into one, hasmukh amathalal
- do you still remember?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Power Holders, ali chukwuemeka
- what is love?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- If a Garden of Numbers, Cole Swensen
- In your language, gajanan mishra