I gave you everything
I wished I had gotten
I gave you the love
I wish I could of had
Don't forget that
I still gave it
The love I wished
Still would have last
For unconditional love
Is the love that I had wished
April Swan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
My mothers love was unconditional. When she was there in the head..
Her illness was her monster though. And her addictions and partying..
She was not able to take care of me.
She is the kind of love I wished for..
Comments about this poem (Unconditional Promise by April Swan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friend Or A Lover?, Ronald Chapman
- Friday Date Night (Acrostic Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Silence, Cheryl Griffith
- Freedom Is! (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- a Poem Born in July, ronald stroman
- Peace, Jack Rolph
- Forget It! (Writers Block), Ronald Chapman
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki