Two Pairs Of Glasses
how 2 pairs of glasses can change the world
justice, liberty is it here?
or is it as i fear,
nothing but a figment of our imagination,
in this wretched wasteland of a nation.
liberty needs glasses
and truth hard to hide,
so does justice by her side,
Need a pair of glasses.
The rich let their food go to WAIST,
while the poor have more than a rumbling tummy,
for indeed they are very hungry,
letting nothing go to waste.
Tell me is it fair?
For the rich to do as they wish, for they can easily frame,
just about anyone and let them take blame
tell me is it fair? ? ? ? ?
voices of the poor not be heard,
are they really as deaf as their eyes are blurred?
or is it only the voice of the green,
that can be heard and seen.
in vain, i see no reasonable sense,
in this absolute nonsense
i know life is unfair
for there are things truly hard to bear.
truly if someone cares,
then rid us of these nightmares
and just spare
two pairs of glasses or even just a pair.
A better place it would be,
if just one of them can see
good from evil, wrong from right,
.....................if only they had a perfect sight.
iOXYnoMORON 00's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Two Pairs Of Glasses by iOXYnoMORON 00 )
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)