nimal dunuhinga (19, April,1951 / kalubovila East, Sri Lanka)
Two Farms And In Between A Barbed-Wire Fence?
Hey! My country lassie
you're belong to this vegetable farm
and I am here attached to the animal farm.
A slight difference in between my boss and them?
Boss uses his slang and animals the tail
to send the gadflies away.............!
I plucked a daffodil flower for your long hair
from the fence and when you give me a nod
in the leap year?
to the poetess Magnolia with gratitude!
Poet Other Poems
- * I was born by the River
- *Malani Senehelatha Fonseka
- *Moon rapes his sister Sun
- A Barber writes
- A beautiful widow's upstage
- A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
- A Beggar Maid's Breakdown In The Life Cy...
- A Beggar Never Complains?
- A bird flies beyond the sky
- A Bird Has No Wings In The Storm
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Bird Has No Wings In The Storm by nimal dunuhinga )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley