I so selfishly wanted to wallow
in the aggravating disappointment
Of yet, another, unseen setback...
But what would that accomplish
Other than another slap in the face reminder
That I, alone, am not holding the reins
to my put-on-hold' life
or so it seems...
I want to raise the covers over my head
After letting my dog lick the tears
that fall, from my ' always an optimist' eyes
without any human's notice..and cry
Til I've no choice, but to close my swollen eyes
And sleep well after the alarm clock' s revelry...
But then, I remember I promised myself,
In a time, not long ago, of despairing doubt,
Two days, the allotted time, of feeling left out
Broken winged, and breathlessly bargaining,
Two days, downed and drowning in concussion,
And then I would rally what resources I've stored..
To once more, make sense of the senseless...
Susan Lacovara's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Two Days by Susan Lacovara )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Parents' attachment., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.