Lawrence S. Pertillar
Truth Is Not One Of Their Assets
Appreciation is seldom expressed,
To parents doing their very best.
Or to those giving to others,
With nothing from them expected.
Or even from the ones,
Riding along on coattails...
After weighing their self-interests,
In a plagiarizing unknown but to be done...
Once they've arrived to destinations.
To have those unsuspecting,
But believing comments heard that come,
Of a proclaiming themselves with legendary status.
Or even accepting the notion to have it perceived.
When given thought to who implemented true deeds,
The deceiving of their false activities...
No one should expect from them,
A revealing of any appreciation expressed...
To those they have stolen a success they profess.
Attention is given to whomever embellishes,
With exaggerations stated and done at their best.'
~Are you calling them liars? ~
'That term would be too deserving.
Let's say truth is not one of their assets.
If assets are what they have.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Truth Is Not One Of Their Assets by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- This parts all without you, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)