Lawrence S. Pertillar
Truth Is Not One Of Their Assets
Appreciation is seldom expressed,
To parents doing their very best.
Or to those giving to others,
With nothing from them expected.
Or even from the ones,
Riding along on coattails...
After weighing their self-interests,
In a plagiarizing unknown but to be done...
Once they've arrived to destinations.
To have those unsuspecting,
But believing comments heard that come,
Of a proclaiming themselves with legendary status.
Or even accepting the notion to have it perceived.
When given thought to who implemented true deeds,
The deceiving of their false activities...
No one should expect from them,
A revealing of any appreciation expressed...
To those they have stolen a success they profess.
Attention is given to whomever embellishes,
With exaggerations stated and done at their best.'
~Are you calling them liars? ~
'That term would be too deserving.
Let's say truth is not one of their assets.
If assets are what they have.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Truth Is Not One Of Their Assets by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Coeur d'Alene, Lucas Pate
- With That Time To Find, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Prowling PH Eyes .... [DEMENTIA; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Quick To Finish Mentalities, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Invisible Cage (For Robin Williams), Tori Leftwich
- Advent Of The Eagle's Cry, Captain Cur
- Strange Charisma Of Your Words, Captain Cur
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 11, Aftab Alam
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 10, Aftab Alam
- Bright, John Shea