Truth and Lies
Oh Lies, why thou dost devoured me?
Why not listen on the echoes of my scream
Kill me not, like a man who's not worthy.
Deprive me not from the fulfillment of my deepest dream
I am weeping for the death of my spirit
From hatred that would deprive my heart from its aim
But neither lies could bring me defeat
Nor hatred can make me partly lame
Listen to my silence for I speak the truth
I labored enough for my spiritual growth
Open your heart; be steadfast to hear the sound
Of the deafening truth screaming around
From sullen lies, speaks the naked truth
On deep-rooted lies, truth can uproot.
Maia Padua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Truth and Lies by Maia Padua )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma
- can someone pass the pistol?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Aqua Flower, The Princess