john tiong chunghoo
Travel Indonesia Haiku - Batam surprise
Batam, fly or drive
great heroes to welcome
I felt strange when all the names of roads and even the airport were named after heroes of the Malacca Empire. Roads are named after Hang Tuah, Hang Jebat, Hang Lekir while the international airport after Hang Nadim. Looks like they get greater prominence in Indonesia.
john tiong chunghoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Travel Indonesia Haiku - Batam surprise by john tiong chunghoo )
Did you read them?
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid