Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
'Too Lightly on Life's Scale, Compassion Weighs'
With a hand extended
friendship is bridged.
With a smile on the lips
the joy of the spirit is shared.
With an open arm
pain finds its release.
With listening ears
crumbling walls fall.
With an open purse
the generous heart overflows.
With an open mind,
the light of truth shines.
With a helping hand
a mountain is moved.
With the singing heart
hope for the future is assured.
With unconditional love
the suffering world is embraced.
With joined hearts and minds
a ripple of oneness expands
through all seas and lands.
It doesn't need much weight.
It only starts from a mysterious
light scale in life,
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Too Lightly on Life's Scale, Compassion Weighs' by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
- Adlis, Mohamed Mahou
- Gigh Anamur n UmaDal, Mohamed Mahou
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
- - Hurtful Interaction-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Don't Leave Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - My heart loves you -, Ali Sabry
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)