Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
'Too Lightly on Life's Scale, Compassion Weighs'
With a hand extended
friendship is bridged.
With a smile on the lips
the joy of the spirit is shared.
With an open arm
pain finds its release.
With listening ears
crumbling walls fall.
With an open purse
the generous heart overflows.
With an open mind,
the light of truth shines.
With a helping hand
a mountain is moved.
With the singing heart
hope for the future is assured.
With unconditional love
the suffering world is embraced.
With joined hearts and minds
a ripple of oneness expands
through all seas and lands.
It doesn't need much weight.
It only starts from a mysterious
light scale in life,
Topic of this poem: compassion
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Too Lightly on Life's Scale, Compassion Weighs' by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- God, ! - Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai