To My Mother
From my Mother,
In her womb, life received.
In her arms, life nourished.
In her words, life named.
In her thought, life explained.
In her tears, life rued.
In her joy, life relished.
In her heart, life fulfilled.
To my Mother,
What a son could only pray to give to her,
Cory Ruda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mother by Cory Ruda )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1563 - 1631)
(7 May 1892 – 20 April 1982)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Gift, Li-Young Lee
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Why do I love you?, Birat Anupam
- CYMER, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Water nation, Birat Anupam
- Land of pilgrimage, gajanan mishra
- A Leafless Sunset, Naveed Khalid
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal