saadat tahir (21011965 / Islamabad-Pakistan)
Timorous Anodyne Eyes … 2008-2k13
Delicate Tapas together they had
doxy damsel with gray suitor lad
slowly the grand via in gondolas glide
to far off lands, streaking trains ride
slow meander of the river they trace
from every angle Toledo to face
shoulders rub on stage coach bump
side to side giggled in tango of rump
tip toe the narrow cobbled street
In Jewish quarter of Cordoba on feet
at finery of Grenadian palaces gape
also the marvel of Florentine shapes
through churches old and mosques cold
distant life safely tucked and neatly fold
often laughing mindless crazy mad
cautious glances a bit wistful sad
split, distant dance demonic doubts
bring to fore the rub with routs
strange fears prance in anodyne eyes
propped on nameless reflective sighs
we grab the moments as they present
Or on an odyssey have fate, far off sent
timorous side-glances ricochet forever
touch no purpose and relations never.
Poet Other Poems
- A Date with mem-Sahib...History with che...
- A Life Went Wrong.......the denial of li...
- A Place called HOME......the eldely infi...
- A spur of the moment challenge.... :)
- A Stretch in the Park
- A thousand wishes so…(T) 1711**
- A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with ...
- Across The Graveyard, A Wind Flays
- Again and again......(Lothario's lisp)
- Al-Ghadafa! ….2502 (in support of the Li...
- Along a wandering wind… 2903-2k13
- Amidst infernos ablaze….0701-2k12
- Anathema.......racist chisms
- Angel feet….1907
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
the moors of yon and the marcescent dawn....! ! !