Dorian Petersen Potter
I can't help it but look at the clock,
It is time for me to move on for the day,
And do so many more things around here,
Because time never stop for me and you.
Since we wake up till we all go to sleep,
Time advances silently, and endlessly,
And we all need to get our breath, sometimes,
But time was designed for God, to go on eternally.
At least, on this earthly sod will end sometimes, we all know,
But time will go on for others, for sure after we're gone, and in spite
Of all, and even if life finishes here, still time will go on and on,
And those left behind will have to deal still, with life and time, thats right!
Time is ticking in every working clock all the time,
So take your time for everything you need to do,
But, please remember to take time for rest to,
And with family and friends spend some of it too...
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time (Quatrains) by Dorian Petersen Potter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Monsoon Showers, Jaipal Singh
- My legs and my hands, gajanan mishra
- Perfectly Imperfect Poetry, Marvin Brato Sr
- Hands Thrown Up, I Am Krakatoa
- The truth about lies, kelvin alexander
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers