Thru My Eyes
this came into my mind while i was working.
Thru my eyes
The roar of the crowd started to settle
And the smoke started to clear, and in the
Middle of the arena “stood one man”
He was not a giant of a man as you may think
However, all his enemies lay at his feet
The enemies with all the weapons known to man
Had fallen to the ground under his hand.
He was not a gladiator skilled in the arts of war
And self-defense, and did not have the strength
Or hair of SAMPSON or strength of HERCULES.
Yet he had more followers than SPARTACUS
Could ever imagine.
If you was to take all of his followers and put
Them on a battlefield, they would cover entire continents.
Who was this man who had so much power?
His name is JESUS!
His words and his followers can bring nations
To a complete standstill, and yet he was only a carpenter
Born the son of GOD.
Out of the smoke rose three champions with JESUS
They was LOVE, HOPE, AND FAITH
And on the ground laid hate, hopelessness
Lie and deceit – against JESUS they could not compete.
Now when you feel like you have been on a battlefield
And the smoke starts to clear – look for JESUS
He is always near
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thru My Eyes by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Daughter, My Daughter, I Know It They.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On A Kiss, Sambanath Denis
- Mechanical Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life on the edge, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Miracle in a Poem, Sandra Feldman
- Angels Come, Sambanath Denis
- love for jezebel, ademola oluwabusayo
- Process Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Growing Older, Kyle Schlicher
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray