Thru My Eyes
this came into my mind while i was working.
Thru my eyes
The roar of the crowd started to settle
And the smoke started to clear, and in the
Middle of the arena “stood one man”
He was not a giant of a man as you may think
However, all his enemies lay at his feet
The enemies with all the weapons known to man
Had fallen to the ground under his hand.
He was not a gladiator skilled in the arts of war
And self-defense, and did not have the strength
Or hair of SAMPSON or strength of HERCULES.
Yet he had more followers than SPARTACUS
Could ever imagine.
If you was to take all of his followers and put
Them on a battlefield, they would cover entire continents.
Who was this man who had so much power?
His name is JESUS!
His words and his followers can bring nations
To a complete standstill, and yet he was only a carpenter
Born the son of GOD.
Out of the smoke rose three champions with JESUS
They was LOVE, HOPE, AND FAITH
And on the ground laid hate, hopelessness
Lie and deceit – against JESUS they could not compete.
Now when you feel like you have been on a battlefield
And the smoke starts to clear – look for JESUS
He is always near
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thru My Eyes by louis rams )
- Go on learning, Aftab Alam
- quand il pleut, xxx xxx
- How can I tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
- I know no one besides my mother, gajanan mishra
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
- Treat Me Right, Katherine Nordhaus
- A Call to the MinuteMen, Michael Stevens
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All Day It Has Rained, Alun Lewis
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)