Through the Looking Glass
Looking through the looking glass of my mind,
The tempter, better known as Satan spoke to me.
'You, have sealed your fate, by making far too many mistakes
Certainly, the Lord Jesus Christ can not forgive such an unrepented sinner such as you.'
There was a time whenever I told people I was a Christian, they would say to me, ' You are no more a Christian than I am.' It is very hard to say, but the Looking Glass of my past told it to me this way.
What about all the times you thought swearing and using bad language was very cool. 'Yes, I used to be such a fool.' I wanted friends so very badly and wanted to be like them. But than I was so foolish than.
Satan began itemizing my mistakes directly to my face. 'I have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.' My sins though scarlet as washed as clean as snow.
When I get to heaven I shall ask God, 'Do you remember all the times I never confessed my sins? ' 'Roxanne, I have forgotten all of those
black marked sins against me, why can't you? '
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Yes, I can overcome temptation because of God.
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Comments about this poem (Through the Looking Glass by Roxanne Dubarry )
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)