Through the Looking Glass
Looking through the looking glass of my mind,
The tempter, better known as Satan spoke to me.
'You, have sealed your fate, by making far too many mistakes
Certainly, the Lord Jesus Christ can not forgive such an unrepented sinner such as you.'
There was a time whenever I told people I was a Christian, they would say to me, ' You are no more a Christian than I am.' It is very hard to say, but the Looking Glass of my past told it to me this way.
What about all the times you thought swearing and using bad language was very cool. 'Yes, I used to be such a fool.' I wanted friends so very badly and wanted to be like them. But than I was so foolish than.
Satan began itemizing my mistakes directly to my face. 'I have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.' My sins though scarlet as washed as clean as snow.
When I get to heaven I shall ask God, 'Do you remember all the times I never confessed my sins? ' 'Roxanne, I have forgotten all of those
black marked sins against me, why can't you? '
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Yes, I can overcome temptation because of God.
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Comments about this poem (Through the Looking Glass by Roxanne Dubarry )
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - I love you so much from all my heart-, Ali Sabry
- - Come With Me My Lovely Princess-, Ali Sabry
- - I See You All The Rays Of The Sun-, Ali Sabry
- - You Taught Me A Lot Of Love-, Ali Sabry
- - When I Look At The Moon I Remember You.., Ali Sabry
- - When I Walk Alone In The Night I See Y.., Ali Sabry
- - There Isn't Impossible In Dreams & Love-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow