i can continue to move forward;
when you told me I couldn't stand.
i can bring peace to a hostile situation;
just by the wave of my hand.
Try to hold me in bondage,
through Christ I'm made free.
You thought I would drown
in my life situation,
but I sailed through;
like a ship on a rough sea.
i'm more powerful than a tornado,
Prayer is my strength.
When you think I've given up,
my second wind is sent.
i can hold my head high;
when you try to talk me down.
i can speak life to myself,
when no one else will say a sound.
i can maneuver around obstacles
that you put in my way.
i can arise every morning
and rejoice in a new day.
I'm a pint size package,
I've never been tall.
When my enemies come against me;
They stumble and fall.
He said no, she said no, they said no;
but still I'll try…
till I'm six-feet-under;
that's when perseverance dies.
Through Christ there is nothing,
i can not do.
I urge you to believe in Him;
because He believes in you.
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Through Christ by Phyllis Strong )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Music, Life's Soundtrack (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Love Note 16, Michael P. McParland
- Change, David Lessard
- ENVY DEFINED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Oh My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello