i can continue to move forward;
when you told me I couldn't stand.
i can bring peace to a hostile situation;
just by the wave of my hand.
Try to hold me in bondage,
through Christ I'm made free.
You thought I would drown
in my life situation,
but I sailed through;
like a ship on a rough sea.
i'm more powerful than a tornado,
Prayer is my strength.
When you think I've given up,
my second wind is sent.
i can hold my head high;
when you try to talk me down.
i can speak life to myself,
when no one else will say a sound.
i can maneuver around obstacles
that you put in my way.
i can arise every morning
and rejoice in a new day.
I'm a pint size package,
I've never been tall.
When my enemies come against me;
They stumble and fall.
He said no, she said no, they said no;
but still I'll try…
till I'm six-feet-under;
that's when perseverance dies.
Through Christ there is nothing,
i can not do.
I urge you to believe in Him;
because He believes in you.
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Through Christ by Phyllis Strong )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak