Ghost Writer Insomnis
THOUGHTS OF A SON VISIONS OF A FATHER
Outside my dream the spirit calls me to leave,
come back from this toxic journey so that you may breathe,
For Him that watches over my every breath,
I give my heart, my mind, my soul unto the call of death.
Be anxious for nothing in this temporal life,
Neither my heart nor my peace, elude the worlds ungodly strife,
Challenging fear, I escape in the night visions of flight,
but no place to land this tragedy of temporal sight?
Many slumber under the illusion of living a dream,
The reality, truth comes in the morning, things are seldom as though they seem.
How do I deal with this bittersweet sorrow,
I abhor the concept of forever running till the morrow.
I live together with sincerity care and love of all who bid me stay,
The choice I make is mine alone, life from death the ultimate price to pay.
Living the dream confines me within a nightmare,
Paying for all the struggles, the torments, even for those incapable of care.
From my foot to my head a deepening color of crimson red,
The insanity of it all will become apparent once I AM fills the heart left for dead.
I can become the freedom you seek but cannot find,
I will take for you the torture, heal your body, soul and repay those who mess with your mind.
So let us not belabor the point any longer, the time is at hand,
Will you recognize my blood poured out for your life
as your freedom dissipates within the crimson sand?
Respectfully Yours Ghost Writer Insomnis
Ghost Writer Insomnis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THOUGHTS OF A SON VISIONS OF A FATHER by Ghost Writer Insomnis )
- Seven Bowls, michael walkerjohn
- Fear's Embrace, michael walkerjohn
- A Good Song, tolu ogundare
- The People Worry, michael walkerjohn
- Light Lost, michael walkerjohn
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
- Word Shadows, michael walkerjohn
- Blockbuster, Lev Brekhman
- Uncertain feeling, Lev Brekhman
- Intricacies of perception, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Frederick George Scott
(7 April 1861 – 19 January 1944)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)